Loading…

Sign up or log in to bookmark your favorites and sync them to your phone or calendar.

Nova [clear filter]
Wednesday, October 28
 

11:15am

Nova: API v2.1
We will discuss the next steps for the Nova REST API.
Likely to focus on documentation and testing efforts.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-api

Wednesday October 28, 2015 11:15am - 11:55am
Royal room
  • format json

12:05pm

Nova: Upgrade
Firstly, lets get everyone on the same page around our current upgrade plans.
Then we will discuss plans for Mitaka and beyond.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-upgrade

Wednesday October 28, 2015 12:05pm - 12:45pm
Royal room
  • format json

2:00pm

Nova: Unconference
Short 10min slots to discuss an stuck nova-spec, or similar topics.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-unconference

Wednesday October 28, 2015 2:00pm - 2:40pm
Royal room
  • format json

2:50pm

Nova: OS VIF Library
It must be easier to add VIF driver support for all the various Neutron subsystems.
OS VIF library tries to tackle this issue, starting with a focus on the libvirt driver.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-os-vif-lib

Wednesday October 28, 2015 2:50pm - 3:30pm
Royal room
  • format json

3:40pm

Nova: Resources and Flavors
We will discuss Resource Providers, Modeling Resources, Flavor decomposition, CPU modeling, and more.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-resource-modeling

Wednesday October 28, 2015 3:40pm - 4:20pm
Royal room
  • format json

4:40pm

Nova: Resources and Flavors (continued)
We will discuss Resource Providers, Modeling Resources, Flavor decomposition, CPU modeling, and more.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-resource-modeling

Wednesday October 28, 2015 4:40pm - 5:20pm
Royal room
  • format json

5:30pm

Nova: SR-IOV
PCI passthrough support, and SR-IOV, has been in Nova for some time now, and has not been without it's issues during that time. Despite it's issues, it has been a feature that has seen a lot of interest.

We want to go out of a session with the Nova community having a better understanding of where the issues and limitations currently are, and what features we see being requested in the short to medium term, including pass through of PFs, not just VFs.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-sr-iov

Wednesday October 28, 2015 5:30pm - 6:10pm
Royal room
  • format json
 
Thursday, October 29
 

9:00am

Glance: Cross-Project Property Protections Support
Moderator: Brian Rosmaita

What problem is this trying to solve?:
    Way back in Havana, Glance introduced "property protections".  This feature was requested by deployers, who wanted the ability to put licensing information on images (which would be put onto instances) and have this info also be propagated to snapshots by Nova, so that instances created from snapshots would also receive this information.  To make this work for licensing/billing info, of course, the image owner must not be able to modify such properties.  The solution in Glance allows control over properties to be expressed in the policy.json file, and allows the properties that are protected to specified by regex.  Thus it is extremely configurable, which is both a blessing and a curse.
    We left it up to deployers to communicate to their end-users how property protections work in their cloud.  However, other OpenStack projects that create images (e.g., Nova, Cinder) currently require some crazy configuration/deployment gyrations to respect property protecions.  Additionally, projects that allow image property creation/updates (e.g., Horizon) would like better knowledge of what the protections are in order to provide a good user experience.   And it also affects projects that read image records (e.g., Searchlight) because whether an end-user should see a property or not depends on how the property is protected.
    There's a spec up in Nova [0] that proposes to fix this for Nova by introducing a new configuration option, "inheritable_admin_image_properties", that would specify a list of image properties for which Nova would use admin credentials to put on an image.
    What I'd like to do in this session is to find out from some other projects how they interact with Glance with respect to property protections and how we can improve this process.  For example, though the fix mentioned above would work for Nova, it would be nice if we could figure out a secure way to update "admin-only" properties in specific contexts without requiring use of admin credentials.  Additionally, maybe we can leverage metadefs to get the info about property protections out to Horizon and Searchlight.
    Even if we can't solve this in code during Mitaka, it would be worth gathering some best practices to communicate to deployers.
[0]  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/206431/
Discussion:
    https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-glance-xp-property-protections-support

Thursday October 29, 2015 9:00am - 9:40am
Amethyst room
  • format json

9:00am

Nova: Cells v2
Lets discuss how we move forward faster in Mitaka, now the main bits of request spec object have merged.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-cells

Thursday October 29, 2015 9:00am - 9:40am
Royal room
  • format json

9:50am

Cinder: Cinder Nova Interaction
Discussion around any integration issues. Start identifying and shortcomings or other things we need to work on to make things better.

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/NovaCinderMitakaSession

Some topics to be covered include:
* Multi-attach
* OS-Brick
* Cinder-Nova API changes
* Extending attached volumes
* Bugs

Thursday October 29, 2015 9:50am - 10:30am
Crown room
  • format json

11:00am

Nova: Scheduler
Discuss who does what for the Scheduler work this cycle.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-scheduler

Thursday October 29, 2015 11:00am - 11:40am
Royal room
  • format json

11:50am

Ironic: Nova driver discussion
This is a joint session between Nova and Ironic contributors to discuss the Ironic virt driver in Nova.

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/summit-mitaka-ironic-nova-driver

Thursday October 29, 2015 11:50am - 12:30pm
Amethyst room
  • format json

1:50pm

Nova: Unconference
Short 10min slots to discuss an stuck nova-spec, or similar topics.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-unconference

Thursday October 29, 2015 1:50pm - 2:30pm
Royal room
  • format json

2:40pm

Glance: Glance Image Import reloaded
Session leader: Brian Rosmaita

What problem is this trying to solve?:

We need to nail down the requirements for a public-facing image import mechanism that will satisfy DefCore as well as the concerns of large public clouds and small private clouds and small public clouds and large private clouds. OK, so a brief summary of this is that the current upload mechanism works fine for some folks but not others. DefCore wants us to have a single upload mechanism for everyone to use. That's what we want to nail down the requirements on. The current upload mechanism will continue to exist but won't be a DefCore requirement.

Summit session etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Mitaka-glance-image-import-reloaded

Thursday October 29, 2015 2:40pm - 3:20pm
Suzuran room
  • format json

2:40pm

Nova: Error Handling, Tasks and Notifications
We need more consistency around our error handling.
Lets agree on some patterns we want to adopt more widely.
And lets assign work, so we can make progress in Mitaka.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-error-handling

Thursday October 29, 2015 2:40pm - 3:20pm
Royal room
  • format json

3:30pm

Nova: Cross Service Issues: Service Lock Server, Service Tokens, Instance Users
Let's discuss the way forward for a service "protecting" Nova resources.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-service-users

Thursday October 29, 2015 3:30pm - 4:10pm
Royal room
  • format json

4:30pm

Nova: Mitaka Priorities
We need to review the list of priorities for Mitaka, and see what needs to be done on Friday to confirm that list.
We will also review the process used during Liberty to give those priority.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-priorities

Thursday October 29, 2015 4:30pm - 5:10pm
Royal room
  • format json

5:20pm

Nova: Unconference
Short 10min slots to discuss an stuck nova-spec, or similar topics.

More info:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-nova-unconference

Thursday October 29, 2015 5:20pm - 6:00pm
Royal room
  • format json
 
Friday, October 30
 

9:00am

Nova contributors meetup
The Nova contributors meetup is a informal gathering of the project contributors, with an open agenda.

Click here for details on the meetup agenda.

Friday October 30, 2015 9:00am - 12:30pm
Royal room
  • format json

2:00pm

Nova contributors meetup
The Nova contributors meetup is a informal gathering of the project contributors, with an open agenda.

Click here for details on the meetup agenda.

Friday October 30, 2015 2:00pm - 5:30pm
Royal room
  • format json